Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sleep, eat, and take pictures

Every day when I get up (which is anywhere between 8am and noon these days), I say to myself "I need to put some more pictures on the blog." Every night when I go to bed (somewhere between 10pm and 2am), I say to myself "Darn, I was going to post to the blog but didn't find the time." It seems that two beautiful women are monopolizing all my time ;)

So here's a week's worth of photos--and I do take a lot of them, so be forewarned, there are over 100 photos in this slideshow (and that's after I did my best to reduce the number). We've had an eventful week, though, so I feel justified in posting so many at once. We had Abi Lu's first Christmas, which she thoroughly enjoyed (slept through). We had a nice visit with our friends Jess and Dan, who came to see Abi and helped us celebrate Christmas. Over the weekend we were happy to be visited by a number of Amy's family--Aunt Jill, Jerry, Goomie, Linda, Jim, Becky, Cameron, Cruz, Camden, and Suzy. It was nice to see everyone and we're glad you all could come to see little Abigaelle. The rest of the week has been fairly quiet, I haven't had to go back to work yet (I go back tomorrow), so we've been taking it easy and enjoying our time with the little cutie pie. Abi celebrated New Year's Eve by letting her umbilical cord stump fall off. Amy and I celebrated by watching a movie and having root beer floats. Two days ago we took Abigaelle outside for her first foray into the world, which involved a walk around the lake we live next to. She thoroughly enjoyed the walk (slept through it), as did Amy who has also been in the house for most of the past two weeks.

So without further ado, here are the photos. These only go through yesterday, I haven't copied any of today's off the camera yet so I'll include those next time. We also have a ton of video that I haven't had time to go through, but hopefully we can get some more of that up here soon.

6 comments:

Katie said...

She is seriously a stunningly beautiful baby.

emily said...

She's adorable! I love pictures 11, 23, 54-59, 72 and 98! Just kidding, I of course didn't really keep track -- but Abi really is a cutie, just like her shirt said! We can't wait to meet her some time. Seriously though, I love the pictures near the end of the slide show where Abi and Amy are looking at each other -- the kind of profile shots of both of them. Those are awesome! You're quite the camera man, Aaron. Very enjoyable. Happy New Year. Love, Mark.

emily said...

it's emily for real this time. i'm glad you're still posting. i love the awake pictures. and the sleeping on the couch pictures. okay--she's cute in all of them . . . i'm not biased.

you get to update your team roster on your header now! hooray!

Cherie said...

It's hard to tell with these pictures if you like the new little baby or not. just kidding. She definitely won't die from a lack of photos. She is beautiful.

alissa l. said...

aaron and amy, abi lu is amazing! she seems so squishy and warm. thanks for posting so many! it was like i was able to 'catch up' on all her development of facial expressions and getting acquainted with this world experience to date. emi and i got colds right after i texted amy, so we haven't been able to come over. :( when all the sniffles are gone, we will come by to play.

Amber Brown said...

Abi is SO adorable!!! and your family is SO cute!!! congratulations!!!